Types of CremationsApril 3, 2023
The Different Types of BurialsApril 17, 2023
Burying a loved one is not an easy thing for anyone to do. But what is important to remember is that you and your family do what you can to make sure that you give your loved one the burial that you feel they deserve. This means buying the casket that meets your needs, finding the right cemetery, and anything else you may need. One thing to keep in mind when burying your loved one is to also think about the type of headstone or grave marker that will go over the grave. These will help to make the grave of your loved one look a little better, and they will help you to remember where they are. If you and your family would like to know more about grave markers and headstones, you can speak with cremation services in McMinnville, OR. They would love to help you with any questions you need to be answered.
What Are Headstones and Grave Markers?
Headstones and grave markers are pieces that are added to the grave of someone who has passed away. These pieces are usually made of some sort of stone, and they often have dates of the deceased’s birth and death on the front. Headstones are upright, and grave markers usually lie flat on the ground.
What Types of Grave Markers and Headstones Exist?
- Upright Headstones – These are the most common headstones that you will see. They stand upright, have flat tops, and their faces of them usually have dates of birth and death. When you choose this option, you are picking something that will last a long time and will be in good condition in all sorts of weather. You and your family will love this beautiful option.
- Slanted Headstones – Slant headstones are like upright headstones. The main difference is that their top will have a slant rather than a flat. This is purely a stylistic choice more than anything else. They can include the same things on them as the upright headstone.
- Grave Marker – If you drive past a cemetery, you will not be able to see grave markers. They are flat to the earth and are very difficult to see unless you are right above them. Despite that, they are still a gorgeous option for you and your family to choose. You will love seeing this when you go to visit your loved one’s grave.
- Statues – This is a more elaborate option, but it is an option, nonetheless. If you and your family would like to build something bigger, there are companies that would be able to help you with that.
- Benches – These are somewhat rare, but still amazing when you see them. The benches are somewhat smaller than a normal bench, but they are meant to symbolize that it is a place you can come and visit. You can have them engraved with whatever you would like.
What Materials are Grave Markers and Headstones Made From?
There is so much that goes into picking out a grave marker or headstone. If you need help, you can contact cremation services in McMinnville, OR. They would love to help you.