A cremation is a great option for any family who may be looking for a different way to bury their loved one. There is still so much that is unknown about cremation for many people. One thing that needs to be known is that there are different types of cremation. The three types are: traditional, memorial, and direct. When you and your family decide to cremate your loved one, you should pick the option that you feel would meet your needs the best. But no matter what option you choose for cremation, you will need an urn to hold the ashes of your loved one. And luckily for you and your family, there are plenty of urns to choose from! They come in all sorts of shapes, and colors, and are meant for different purposes. If you are serious about cremating your loved one, you should speak with cremation services in Sheridan, OR. They would love to help you with all the questions you may have.
What Is an Urn?
An urn is a container that is meant to hold the ashes of someone who has been cremated. There are different shapes, sizes, and types of urns. When you and your family are picking out an urn, you should go with an option that you feel would best fit your loved one’s personality. There are many options for you to choose from!
Types of Urns
- Individual – Picking out an urn for a loved one is a big deal. You, want to be sure that you are picking an urn that you like, and that you believe the deceased would also like. One of the most common types of urns is that of the individual urn. This type of urn is meant to hold the ashes of just one person. You will be so glad to see this while you are sitting in your living room or even your bedroom.
- Couple – If there is a couple who has decided to stay together forever, then there are couple of urns that can be purchased. These are two separate urns that sit on a platform next to one another. You and your family will be happy you were able to keep your family members together.
- Pet – Losing a pet hurts just as much as losing a family member. So, it is only right that they are treated with respect and dignity when they pass away. If they are cremated, which many pets are, you can get an urn for their ashes as well.
- Keepsake – These urns are smaller in size, and that is because they are often used to spit up the ashes of a loved one. If you and your family would all like to have the ashes of your deceased relative, then this is the best way to go about doing that.
- Biodegradable – The world is constantly looking for new ways to go green. And even the funeral industry is part of the movement. These biodegradable and green urns are meant to cause less harm to the earth. If that is important to you, then you are free to purchase this type of urn.
Buying an urn is an important part of celebrating the life of someone you cared so much for. If you would like help figuring out what type of urn you need, you can contact cremation services in Sheridan, OR.