Most people have been to funerals, and even more, people have seen funerals portrayed on television in some way. This is how we know so much about them. But until you are tasked with planning the funeral of a loved one, you won’t know all the different parts and pieces that go into making a funeral work! While the casket, venue, and other parts of the funeral are very important, how you will bury your loved one is equally as important. Luckily, for you, and any family planning a funeral, there are several burial options that you can choose from. When it comes to picking an option, you and your family should choose the option that is best for you. If you need any help selecting the right option for you and your family, you can speak with funeral homes in Sheridan, OR. They have so much information that they can share with you!
What Is a Burial?
To bury someone means to put them into the ground. With the advances in technology, there have been many more options available for people to choose from. When it comes to picking an option for burial, you should make sure that you make the choice that will best suit you and your family’s needs.
What Types of Burial Exist?
- In-Ground Burial – This is the most common type of burial available to families that are looking to bury a loved one. With this type of burial, you will need not only to purchase a casket but a burial vault as well. Luckily, for you, there are so many different types of caskets to choose from. If you and your family are in search of a casket to fit your needs, you will be able to find it!
- Above-Ground Entombment (Mausoleum, Crypt) – If you have driven past a cemetery and seen large, rectangular-shaped buildings on the grounds, then you have seen a mausoleum. These buildings hold the caskets and remains of many people. They are a good option for anyone looking for a different type of burial. Another great thing about this option is that you could even have a private mausoleum or crypt that holds just the bodies of your family members.
- Natural Burial Options – Several burial options are meant to reduce the amount of harm done to the environment. If you are interested in any of these types of burial options, then you can look into those.
- Cremation – Cremation is a very popular form of burial. Not only is it less expensive and less stressful, but it also often takes less time to plan. There are three types of cremation: traditional, memorial, and direct. You and your family should get together and decide which option fits your needs the best.
- Green Burials – Green burials are meant to reduce the amount of damage to the Earth. This means that there are different types of caskets, embalming is often not used, and everything is meant to better the environment. This is a great option for anyone who was eco-friendly in life.
Planning a burial for your loved one takes a tremendous amount of work. If you need help, reach out to funeral homes in Sheridan, OR. They would be more than happy to help you.